Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 4: Make Time for Breakfast


I can't quite remember when it was that I sort of pushed breakfast and lunch together in order to make my mornings more productive... but I realized that I was eating an apple at 11:30 and calling it breakfast.

I used to eat breakfast every morning, and I liked that it was just a few minutes that I got to myself where I wasn't doing anything or getting anything done. When I started working later in the day I started to read my emails, or watch a youtube video, read a blog post, and before I knew it I had wasted a good part of my morning! So I kind of just stopped having breakfast because it was taking up too much time.

Unfortunately, if I don't eat in the mornings, I get pretty hungry and don't have the same kind of energy I usually have. So this morning I decided to go back to the way breakfast used to be. It was really simple, just cereal and coffee, but it was just nice.


It just felt like a really concrete start to the morning; and it only took ten minutes! After that I felt much more willing to go out into the cold and run my errands, and to clean up around the house. I guess there's a reason why it's been coined the most important meal of the day.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I know how easy it is to get distracted when you sit down for a minute for something like breakfast - especially if you think you'll just multitask for a minute and "check you emails" (five hours later) but eating a good breakfast is a good start to the day, and would probably make for a much more enjoyable day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true! I'm trying to not even turn my computer on first thing in the morning anymore. >< It never ends well. =P

    ReplyDelete