Saturday 10 November 2012

Low Fat Tuna Sandwich


























Hey Guys! So with the weather getting colder I've been really tempted to eat of ton of carbs, and I somehow always seem to be super hungry. In an attempt to not eat rice, and toast all-the-time I figured I'd try to find something that was filling and still pretty good for you at the same time.

 I decided on a tuna sandwich! I used to love tuna sandwiches as a kid, but I haven't had one in forever! I wanted to try making it lower in fat, while still tasting good, so instead of using the usual white bread and mayonnaise I used:

1 Can of Flaked Light Tuna
1 Tbs of Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
1/8 Tsp of Dill
A couple Tomato Slices
1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread

I lightly toasted the slice of Whole Wheat Bread and mixed together the Lemon Juice, Black Pepper and Dill. I then spread about a third of the tuna onto the bread and put the tomato slices on top. To warm everything up I put it in the oven under the broiler for about a minute.

It tasted so good, and totally handled my craving for carbs. I think I'm going to have a lot of hot sandwiches this winter.

4 comments:

  1. So nummy ^^ This is one of my fave sandwiches! and I actually don't even like fish lolz If I have it on hand, I'll add plain Greek yogurt and a little bit of Dijon mustard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so tasty!! I will have to try adding Greek Yogurt and Dijon Mustard! I don't always like fish either... I don't even like salmon sandwiches really... but for some reason tuna sandwiches are just tasty. :D

      Delete
    2. They are! :) And everyone I know who likes fish hates tuna lol :S

      Delete
    3. Really?! How silly! I can't see liking fish, and just not liking tuna. =P There's just nothing wrong with it at all. ^-^

      Delete